Visits: Bangkok Sukhothai Lampang Chiang Mai Bangkok
* Airport meet & greet transfers included when the whole tour package is purchased from Sinorama.
* Please note that lunch or dinner will be served on board if your domestic flights coincide with meal times.
* For cruise package, in the event of water level problems on stretches of river, repair or maintenance work carried out by the river and other local authorities on the river or canal banks, stretches of river or canal, bridges, locks or docks, SINORAMA reserves the right to change the published itinerary or to operate part of the itinerary by motorcoach without notice.
* SINORAMA reserves the right to change the order of visiting the attractions, air carriers & change of the hotel (Similar Categories) without notice.
* Highlight features are subject to change according to final itinerary.
* Please click on the price to book.
|Departure Date||Year||Departure Cities||Price (2 occp.)
|Nov. 17||2018||Seattle (Washington)/ Los Angeles (California)/ San Francisco (California)
International flight included.
|$ 599||SOLD OUT|
|Nov. 19||2018||Seattle (Washington)/ Los Angeles (California)/ San Francisco (California)
International flight included.
|$ 599||SOLD OUT|
Price valid until August 21 2018
* International flights;
* Domestic transportation (flight, cruise, high-speed train and coach if applicable);
* All 4-star and 5-star hotel accommodation (based on double occupancy);
* Meals mentioned in the itinerary;
* All visits listed in the program including the UNESCO sites;
* Admission fees including entertainment shows listed unless otherwise stated;
* English speaking guide;
* Taxes and fuel surcharges;
Price does not include
* Service charge for all guides, bus drivers & hotel porter fees, USD100 p.p. ;
* Optional activity in Bangkok + Lunch, USD79 p.p.(any payment made after departure, the price will be USD90 p.p.) ;
* Optional activity: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market + Lunch, USD109 p.p.(any payment made after departure, the price will be USD129 p.p.) ;
* Optional tour: Chiang Mai city tour + Lunch & dinner, USD109 p.p.(any payment made after departure, the price will be USD129 p.p.) ;
* Postal fees;
* Travel insurance.
Arts and crafts
Chiang Mai: Thai Lacquerware & Gems
Optional activity in Bangkok + Lunch
* Visit the Grand Palace;
* Visit Wat Pho, the temple houses “Phra Buddhasaiyat”;
Optional activity: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market + Lunch
* Visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market;
* Visit Sampran Riverside;
Optional tour: Chiang Mai city tour + Lunch & dinner
* Visit Orchid Farm;
* Visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep;
* A ridding on TukTuk;
* A traditional Khantoke dinner of the North along with the Lanna classical performances.
* The following activities are optional, surcharge applies.
It is believed that the technique of making lacquerware was brought to Thailand by the tribe "Thai Kern'. The 'Thai Kern' originally lived in Chiang Tung in the southern part of China and later migrated to northern Thailand Chiang Mai. They made and used lacquerware as household Utensils and the Thai natives learnt how to produce lacquerware from them. This is the reason why we use the term "Krcung Kern' for Thai lacquerware. Lacquerware became popular throughout this region. It declined in popularity after ceramics. Aluminium wares and plastic wares were introduced. The techniques of producing lacquerware was passed from generation to generation. There was no record of the extraction process and the technique was gradually changed due to the limited raw materials, the influences of new technologies and commercialization. The technique of producing lacquerware is still practised in Chiang Mai, but now it has lost its own traditional character. The objective of the present work is to investigate the manufacturing techniques of ancient Thai lacquerware by interviewing craftsmen in the lacquerware manufactories in Chiang Mai and the examination of a number of chosen pieces of ancient lacquerware found in the province Chiang Mai by scientific methods using X-ray radiography and microscopic analysis.
A gemstone (also called a gem, fine gem, jewel, precious stone or semi-precious stone) is a piece of mineral crystal which, in cut and polished form, is used to make jewelry or other adornments.However, certain rocks (such as lapis lazuli) or organic materials that are not minerals (such as amber, jet, and pearl) are also used for jewelry and are therefore often considered to be gemstones as well. Most gemstones are hard, but some soft minerals are used in jewelry because of their luster or other physical properties that have aesthetic value. Rarity is another characteristic that lends value to a gemstone. Apart from jewelry, from earliest antiquity engraved gems and hardstone carvings, such as cups, were major luxury art forms. A gem maker is called a lapidary or gemcutter; a diamond worker is a diamantaire.